RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WIN! Devour shirt and CDs

Go down 
+5
Susan
kermiieee
Commander Vimes
These Melodies
enola
9 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

WIN! Devour shirt and CDs Empty
PostSubject: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime26.11.13 9:33

I have a few things to give away and thought I make a competition out of it Wink

So tell us here or on twitter (www.twitter.com/rankersforum) about your favourite Devour Tour moment, show us your favourite picture, video or piece of memorabilia. And if you haven't been to a show so far, tell us what you are most excited about! Looking forward to seeing many of your wonderful memories!

Deadline: 15.12.2013

And this is what you can win:
1 Devour preorder shirt size M (see picture)
1 of 2 Devour CDs (see picture)

WIN! Devour shirt and CDs Image10

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Last edited by enola on 04.12.13 4:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime26.11.13 15:53

Amazing idea!!! Thank you for that!!! Smile
I still have two concerts to go...So I'll wait to pick my favourite Wink
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime01.12.13 22:24

ok couldn't write those favorite moments down, before I left for Hamburg! whoever made the cut (via twitter I guess) Congrats Smile
Back to top Go down
Commander Vimes
First Cut
First Cut
Commander Vimes

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime02.12.13 23:08

Can I post mine on here instead of twitter? I don't use twitter for a range of reasons... I'll stick to the 140 characters.
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime04.12.13 4:15

Of course!!! Here or on twitter is just fine, and there is no need to stick to the 140 characters Smile

And I extended the deadline to after the Tour Smile

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime04.12.13 19:42

enola wrote:

And I extended the deadline to after the Tour Smile
nice!!! thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
kermiieee
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime10.12.13 14:02

only one?
there were soooo many in Cologne!...the whole evening was one great moment Smile ... atmosphere was amazing ... ... ... but well ...one spezific was THE SHINE

loved this song right from the moment I've first heard it at the gig in Lippstadt 24th Oct 2012 and looked really forward to see Dave perform it again...

And then it came on and Dave "fxxked" the barricade and the crowd sang along with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsB8YSeQH8
04:00... "fuck this barricade"

don't know what else to write

Like a Star @ heaven  close to the people ...close to the heart  Like a Star @ heaven 

*K*
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime10.12.13 23:35

Not in order to win shirts or cds, just want to share my favourite Devour tour moment:

BEFORE played in Manchester!

http://instagram.com/p/gzD8GEA8J0/
http://instagram.com/p/g0L1NhA8AV/

There were many, many great and very special moments for me during this tour. But this performance was the most impressive thing, just stunning. Left me speechless, with goosebumps, freezing and sweating at the same time.

And of course there´s no YouTube video...  Rolling Eyes

First Cut
First Cut
bunnygrabbit

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime11.12.13 23:59

For me, there was 2 favourite moments. One is a fangirl moment and one is romantic.
Fangirl moment: Making eye contact with Dave while he sang the line "c'mon baby sing along" and I sang my little heart out for the rest of the night coz he told me to haha! Lost my voice like, but didn't care!
Romantic moment was hearing Benediction live and both me and my fiance hearing it in a totally different way to ever before and we're gonna have it played as the last song at our wedding night do in April.
Back to top Go down
sinktothebottom
First Cut
First Cut
sinktothebottom

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime12.12.13 21:25

Had to think about that. Apart from you lying on the floor in Berlin :-D I think my favourite moment was when Dave made it clear in Graz that playing the music for a crowd that appreciates it makes him forget the bad mood he was in and enjoy the night. Because that's what good music does.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime13.12.13 6:36

kermiieee wrote:

And then it came on and Dave "fxxked" the barricade and the crowd sang along with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsB8YSeQH8
04:00... "fuck this barricade"

Reading "Dave "fxxked" the barricade" caused me to imagine something rather different than him saying "fuck this barricade" Wink
Back to top Go down
Commander Vimes
First Cut
First Cut
Commander Vimes

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime13.12.13 19:03

That looks like an amazing show! In awe of the audience...

In all honesty, my favourite moment had nothing to do with Dave at all but hey. The woman at the door sir-ing me and then, even after I told her my surname, assuming that the feminine name on her list couldn't be mine Very Happy

To do with Dave: Seeing Becoming Secular live was incredible and just what I needed to hear after a kinda shitty religion related day.

Also, I got to enjoy the whole show with a really great girl but that's another story entirely. And I've just finished two English essays on Othello and Terry Pratchett so I apologise for how awful my writing is; I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime14.12.13 12:08

sinktothebottom wrote:
Apart from you lying on the floor in Berlin :-D

Good thing that no picture exists ... oh wait Wink No, that really was fun Smile

For me it is impossible to narrow these 10 gigs down to one favourite moment, there were too many. I tried to list the ones that came spontaneously to my mind - in no particular order:

• Being at all these gigs with my bestgigbuds (because you all rock!) and meeting a lot of lovely new friends!
  • Northcote being the best support act and the nicest, most lovely and most humble person in Canada!
  • The first time Dave played Rankers & Rotters in Berlin
  • The fact that he kept it on the setlist for the entire tour and allowed us to freak out to it
  • The intimacy of the Dresden gig
  • The Kings & Queens shirts in Berlin
  • Meet Me At The Lanes at almost every gig except the one where our friend was who desperately wants to hear it lol
  • Mitch playing the pedal steel guitar (esp. during Pray For Tucson) - soooo very beautiful
  • The powerful (almost aggressive) Graz gig + what sinktothebottom said
  • Having my husband with me in Vienna, alongside of so many friends
  • Bricks - every single time he played it. Such an amazing, emotional song live
  • The last 3 UK gigs - all of them were so much fun!
  • Discussing the "head shirt" with Kirk Wink
  • Same Disease performed together with Matt -> "Now I'm wide awake ..."
  • Seeing all of them having fun together on and off stage Smile
  • Finally hearing Before at my last gig in Newcastle - reduced me to tears.
  • Sharing these moments with Susan, exchanging glances at specific lyrics, having so much fun together, singing, dancing, shouting. Next time you have to come to Vienna, though Smile

For the next time I just hope they plan a few more days off in between. That must have been a every exhausting tour for all of them ..

Soren Kierkegaard

Last edited by enola on 14.12.13 18:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime14.12.13 12:46

One day to go people! Share your favourite Devour Tour moments Very Happy

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime14.12.13 17:36

I am really terrible in making decisions....That's why I am not able to pic THE best moment. I'll just post the best moments. The order doesn't mean anything...Wink

- Dave talking about his mom in cologne and singing Heavy Heart for her! (It would have been her 59th birthday that day)
- Seeing/hearing and meeting NORTHCOTE!!! He is such an amazing musician AND seems like to be such a nice and warmhearted guy!!! Cannot wait for him to come back to Germany!!
- Dave "Walking on the crowd" during The Shine! Amazing!!
- Hearing Before twice!!! I was dying to hear it live! And it was breathtaking!! <3
- Hearing Becoming Secular live!! loved every second of it.
- Hearing Stockholm Syndrome live!! That just blew my mind!!!! Will never forget that!!!
- When Dave sang "These melodies grow little wings" in Frankfurt! Made my heart skip a couple beats!!! <3 <3
- Meeting and beeing able to chat for a bit with Dave. He is such a lovely person!!!!! And when he just couldn't stop laughing, because Matt tried to make himself shorter for the pic. Both have such an amazing laugh!! Smile
- And of course meeting a lot of really nice people at the gigs!! So amazing, when you're going to a gig by yourself, but are not alone! Smile So I'd like to say thank you to all of you that shared those gigs with me! Smile

There are still so many amazing memories, but I'll stop now.... Wink
Back to top Go down
DAZZA9901
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Brighton   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime14.12.13 17:45

Now I first saw Dave at Brixton O2 supporting TGA. I was blown away and went and bought his album!!

Camden Barfly was next and I thought "fuck me this is intimate" but then Brighton next. I imposed my youngest son on my uncle and me and my Wife headed for The Green Door Store.....Intimate or what?!?!?

This was an old Victorian Brick store and it was so small I could almost reach the stage from halfway up....70 people maximum was there and it blew my mind! Dave was feeling shitty and not looking his best but he made each and every person in that room feel like it was a personal show.

I am 42 and listened to a variety of music in my life and I just got to ask " Dave where were you when I was 19 you fucker" LOL still in school would be the reply but hey I found him now and that is the main thing.... This show meant to me and my wife memories that we will take to our graves and as she is a massive Bruce fan she knows good music, Dave has the potential to be that big and one day when I am a Grandad I can say.."him, I saw him when he played to 70 people" and watch them think I am amazing. Cheers Dave you awesome sod you!!!
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime16.12.13 23:07

Thanks so much you all for sharing your stories and favourite moments of the tour. The winners have been drawn and notified via pm today! Congratulations :-)

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
kermiieee
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime19.12.13 9:48

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Reading "Dave "fxxked" the barricade" caused me to imagine something rather different than him saying "fuck this barricade" Wink

What a Face  sorry for the confusion.

but I put it in quotation marks with intent - in my defense! Wink
Back to top Go down
kermiieee
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime19.12.13 9:49

enola wrote:
Thanks so much you all for sharing your stories and favourite moments of the tour. The winners have been drawn and notified via pm today! Congratulations :-)

congrats to the winners ....who ever they are!!! Smile I love you 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIN! Devour shirt and CDs   WIN! Devour shirt and CDs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIN! Devour shirt and CDs
Page 1 of 1