RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from (Upstate) NY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

Hello from (Upstate) NY Empty
PostSubject: Hello from (Upstate) NY   Hello from (Upstate) NY I_icon_minitime13.01.14 19:09

Hi everyone, I'm Steve. Although I've lived in upstate New York for about four years, I am from Long Island, NY.

I got introduced to The Loved Ones when they opened for The Bouncing Souls at "The Crazy Donkey" in Farmingdale, NY. I hadn't heard of them before and didn't really have an expectations. From the opening scream of "Suture Self" I was hooked. They played a cover of Conor Oberest's "I Don't Wanna Die in the Hospital" and Dave came out and sang "Midnight Mile" with the Souls. I couldn't believe I had never heard this band before.

Unfortunately that was the one and only time I ever got to see them. I stumbled upon Dave's solo stuff when I found the video of him playing at the Ramones Museum, while wandering around YouTube. I drove from Albany to Philly to see him play the Free at Noon show for WXPN before "Devour" came out and I can't wait for the US Tour to start!

-Steve
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/smb601#
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (Upstate) NY   Hello from (Upstate) NY I_icon_minitime13.01.14 23:58

Hi and welcome Steve! Good to see more US rankers here. Smile 

I must admit that I´m a bit (massive understatement!) jealous. Unfortunately I discovered Dave and his music too late and had no chance to see The Loved Ones play together. But I´m looking forward to this summer, when he´ll come back to Europe with a full band.
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (Upstate) NY   Hello from (Upstate) NY I_icon_minitime14.01.14 20:33

Hi Steve!
Welcome to the forum and enjoy theUS tour!
Back to top Go down
Plastictrash
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (Upstate) NY   Hello from (Upstate) NY I_icon_minitime14.01.14 21:30

Great story, Steve. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from (Upstate) NY   Hello from (Upstate) NY I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from (Upstate) NY
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RankersAndRotters.com :: The Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: