RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New album Devour

Go down 
+23
antje0508
Minor Threat
sell73out
mieder
Hanswurst
ScottyB23
Sabbi
lamarvannoy
alwaysbeblue
dmkhc
StitchesOnTheRadio
Hirti
HolyBreakOfDay
Susan
The Last Jukebox Romeo
sinktothebottom
These Melodies
jerseyrain
HeavyHeart
cdala
escondido
crucial dave
enola
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

New album Devour - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime06.10.13 9:59

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Mine got shipped only the day before it arrived somehow. That's crazy fast but I won't question it! Maybe you'll get lucky too!
I certainly hope so. I'm really looking forward to hold the record in my hands!

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
It looks pretty awesome. The cream vinyl is way nicer than I expected. I got the bundle with the poster (of the album cover), the cream vinyl, a CD, and the grey shirt. I ordered a small for the shirt and it's a bit on the larger side, and seems like real cheap material but whatever. There was no download card, but I didn't really need it with the CD. Also the back cover is the same image that's used for the We Could Be Kings single cover.
I think we get a download link on the release date Smile

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
Minor Threat
First Cut
First Cut
Minor Threat

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime06.10.13 20:18

So happy that mine showed up yesterday. Such a great record!
Back to top Go down
misscor
First Cut
First Cut
misscor

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime07.10.13 3:47

Mine doesn't even say shipped yet Sad
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime07.10.13 7:30

enola wrote:

I think we get a download link on the release date Smile
Oh yeah? Well whatever either way. CD works just fine for me. In fact, I need to get back to buying CDs, enough of this itunes and vinyl only crap. I like CDs. They make the music just come on like magic when I turn on my car. None of that ipod nonsense. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime07.10.13 20:23

remember how I said the small shirt was a little big? well it's a lot big if you're a small girl like me. I'm annoyed they didn't have women's sizes. That's one thing Gaslight does right that pretty much no other band I listen to seems to do.
Back to top Go down
racecar
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime08.10.13 13:38

Picked up mine today at the record store. Kinda disappointed with a couple things.

1 Black vinyl? I didn't even know they were pressing it on black yet. I thought cream was the first run. Way to punish me for supporting my local record store, Rise. Knowing me though, I'll probably just buy a cream copy at some point.
2. My gatefold has a pretty big seam tear right out of the wrapper.

The albums amazing, and kudos to them for including the CD. That saved me ten bucks right there.
Back to top Go down
sell73out
First Cut
First Cut
sell73out

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.10.13 14:24

Apparently my pre-order bundle is sat at home in the UK... *get's fidgety about getting home* bounce 
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.10.13 15:57

Mine still hasn't arrived yet Sad

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
sell73out
First Cut
First Cut
sell73out

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.10.13 19:47

Bah! false alarm... Was my Bouncing Souls Throbbleheads instead Cool 
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12.10.13 13:56

In case anyone cares:
Devour made it into the Top Hundren (bestselling rank) in "Rock" @amazon.de
Right now Devour is at 72.!
In "generell music" he made it to 270.
Back to top Go down
Viking1986
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime02.01.14 22:57

Hey All Smile

A random shout-out... for those whom don't really want Tote bags and have one.. I would be greatly interested. I missed it off the finestvinyl... (as seen in pic below)

http://www.allschools.de/pictures/news/Hause_Tote.jpg

I do know this one is somewhat of a rarity but also if you happen to have one Smile

https://i.imgur.com/bssoAl.jpg

feel free to PM Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176793852512277/
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.10.14 0:48

Happy Birthday Devour!

I just read this topic again today and wonder what do you all think one year later? Still the same favorites?

Susan wrote:

My favourites so far:
Benediction!!!
Father´s Son
Damascus
Bricks

My list hasn´t changed very much, maybe Bricks was replaced by The Great Depresssion (album versions, live favorites are different anyway).

I was a bit astonished today, that everybody said "What? One year ago already?". I was more like "What? Only one year ago?". This last year was amazing and exciting and it definitely felt much longer than 12 months! Probably the best year ever, 35 Devour tour shows in 9 countries are hard to beat...

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.10.14 2:45

Susan wrote:
Happy Birthday Devour!

I just read this topic again today and wonder what do you all think one year later? Still the same favorites?

Susan wrote:

My favourites so far:
Benediction!!!
Father´s Son
Damascus
Bricks

My list hasn´t changed very much, maybe Bricks was replaced by The Great Depresssion (album versions, live favorites are different anyway).

I was a bit astonished today, that everybody said "What? One year ago already?". I was more like "What? Only one year ago?". This last year was amazing and exciting and it definitely felt much longer than 12 months! Probably the best year ever, 35 Devour tour shows in 9 countries are hard to beat...

I think some of my favorite's have changed. When I first listened, I really loved "We Could Be Kings", "The Great Depression", "Autism Vaccine Blues" and "The Shine"...and was somewhat ambivalent to the rest. However, over the last year, I've really fallen in love with the whole album. Every song has its merits and I like each one for a different reason.

"Autism Vaccine Blues" and "The Shine" are still two of my favorites but I've added "Father's Son", "Same Disease" and "Benediction" to that list. I find when I'm alone in the car I sing the little part of "Jane" that he plays live during "Father's Son" and I get a lot of weird looks as I'm screaming "It's love...my friend...in the end...that can save us tonight!"

Having just gotten the Newsletter, I'm really excited for the new material and see what his "pop-punk" side project is.

...I would also add that although I did not see 35 shows in 9 countries Smile ...I did see 5 shows on the Devour Tour which is the most I've ever seen of any artist on one tour.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/smb601#
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.10.14 7:46

I also had the feeling that it was less than a year ago when Devour came out. Probably because so much happened and even if I'm not close to the 35 shows (I think I'm somewhere near that number in total for Dave Wink ), I look back to so many wonderful Devour memories this last year. Every single show I went to was special in their own way and sharing these memories with friends makes them even more special. And I feel very lucky that Susan is one of these friends and that we had so much fun together - Rankers rules! cheers

For favourites I think mine haven't changed much either but they still depend on the mood I am in. So I sometimes find myself driving to work, listening to Devour and being overwhelmed by it's sheer beauty. And sometimes that even ruins my makeup Wink

Happy Birthday, Devour!

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.10.14 8:04

Happy Birthday Devour! Smile
My favourites did not change. I still love this whole album, but "Before", "Bricks" and "The Shine" are still at the top Smile

Those Devour Tour shows I've been to, were amazing! So many great memories were made and so many awesome (new) friends have been met! Smile Cannot wait for the full band dates!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11.10.14 1:31

enola wrote:
Rankers rules! cheers

Yep! king queen

Attending concerts surrounded by friends is one of the greatest things ever!

PostSubject: Re: New album Devour   New album Devour - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New album Devour
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4