RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from Australia :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
misscor
First Cut
First Cut
misscor

Hi from Australia :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime23.08.13 9:33

I've tried to write this post a few times but keep getting hijacked by a 2 year old who likes to smash on the keyboard so I will make it quick hehe. My name is Courteney, I'm from Queensland (in Australia) and I'm a big Dave Hause fan. My brother and I first saw him in 2010 when he came over with Bouncing Souls and HWM and my brother had seen the show in Sydney earlier and said we must go early to hear this guy play because he was amazing. And he was! (He is a link to one of the songs they did in the encore - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnXV8iPsWiU). I saw him again recently when he came out with Gaslight Anthem - Dave was great but the crowd was so dead and I don't think 95% of the crowd knew who he was which was a shame. I'm a big Chuck Ragan/Gaslight Anthem/Bouncing Souls fan and have liked pretty much everyone who has been on the Revival Tour. Nice to meet you all Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime23.08.13 12:58

Hi Courteney,

nice to meet you, too. Welcome and many greetings around the world to Australia!  
I guess most of us are big Chuck Ragan/Gaslight Anthem/Bouncing Souls fans, so you fit in here. Smile

Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime26.08.13 10:38

Hi Courteney,

great to have you here on the forum. I'd love to go to Australia once, it's pretty high up on my "countries to visit" list Smile Do you get a lot bands touring there?

It seems that a lot of us had the same first time experience seeing Dave supporting someone and blewing us away. Glad all this neverending touring pays off for him.

Oh and I totally know what you mean with the 2 year old. But just wait another 4 years and they want to take over your computer/iPad/phone completely Wink

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
sinktothebottom
First Cut
First Cut
sinktothebottom

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime05.09.13 12:01

Hi Courteney,

nice to meet you!

I believe I saw you on one or two of the stageit shows. I think it was the second one Chuck did?

Hope you get to catch Cory Brannan when he's in Australia!
Back to top Go down
Hanswurst
First Cut
First Cut
Hanswurst

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime05.09.13 18:58

Hi Courteney,

welcome to the board Smile

any good australien bands to check out?
i really liked king cannons, adalita is great, and john butler speaks for himself. so i think you've got a good music scene down there? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
misscor
First Cut
First Cut
misscor

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime06.09.13 4:52

sinktothebottom wrote:
Hi Courteney,

nice to meet you!

I believe I saw you on one or two of the stageit shows. I think it was the second one Chuck did?

Hope you get to catch Cory Brannan when he's in Australia!
Hi sinktothebottom! Most likely, I have been to all his Stageit shows so far Smile I wish I could see Cory Branan but the show won't finish till midnight and there are no trains out of the city at that time of night (cause it's a weeknight) Sad
Back to top Go down
misscor
First Cut
First Cut
misscor

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime06.09.13 9:03

Hanswurst wrote:
Hi Courteney,

welcome to the board Smile

any good australien bands to check out?
i really liked king cannons, adalita is great, and john butler speaks for himself. so i think you've got a good music scene down there? Very Happy
Hello Smile Funnily enough I don't listen to any Aussie bands at all, haven't found any I really like all that much.  Triple J is a good website for keeping up with Aussie music though Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Australia :)   Hi from Australia :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Australia :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RankersAndRotters.com :: The Forum :: Introduce yourself-
Jump to: