RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14

Go down 
+8
bobbyw24
Matkins
These Melodies
JayStone
binaural2002
HungryHeart
Minor Threat
enola
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime08.04.14 18:15

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:

Philly = All kinds of great and terrible. At least for me.

I could not agree more. I was also extremely upset with the way the crowd reacted to Northcote. There was so much talking and people were standing with their backs to him. I actually felt myself getting angry that he wasn't getting the reaction that I thought he should get. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a New Yorker (and have never had much love for the city of Philadelphia, it's inhabitants, or it's teams...although you'll never see me turn down a cheesesteak) but people seemed to absolutely love him in Brooklyn and connect with him there (even the forty people who showed up in Newburgh gave him more attention and a better reaction).

I also felt a lack of (crowd) energy during Dave's set (and, as much as I love The Loved Ones, if one more person yelled out "Jane", I was going to start swinging). Like Shelby said, he was obviously happy to be home and people were singing along but, nonetheless, I found myself disappointed.

Having "Prague" in the middle of the set was a cool change...but I've never heard of the Hooters or the song "And We Danced" and would have been much happier hearing "Worry" again, in it's place. I also enjoyed hearing "Becoming Secular" but prefer "Bricks".

Since I feel I'm being really negative...let me end on a more positive note. I count myself as among the extremely lucky ones to have been able to see Dave with a full band backing him (twice!) and that brought the experience of hearing the songs live to a whole other level. After these two shows, "Autism Vaccine Blues" is now my absolute favorite song - just awesome to hear live with a band.

I think the highlight of my night has to have been the fact that, when I went to talk to Northcote at the merch table, and thank him for a great show and that I really have fallen in love with his music...he actually recognized me (I know that's very fanboy-ish for a grown man to be excited that another grown man recognized him, but so what  Very Happy )! He said something to the effect of "we've met on this tour before, haven't we?" and I went on to tell him that I was at the Newburgh and Brooklyn shows. I wished him future success and that I hoped the tour opened his music up to a new audience, etc...
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/smb601#
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime08.04.14 19:01

XNYCEMTP wrote:

Philly = All kinds of great and terrible. At least for me.

I could not agree more. I was also extremely upset with the way the crowd reacted to Northcote. There was so much talking and people were standing with their backs to him. I actually felt myself getting angry that he wasn't getting the reaction that I thought he should get. Maybe I'm just biased because I'm a New Yorker (and have never had much love for the city of Philadelphia, it's inhabitants, or it's teams...although you'll never see me turn down a cheesesteak) but people seemed to absolutely love him in Brooklyn and connect with him there (even the forty people who showed up in Newburgh gave him more attention and a better reaction).

I also felt a lack of (crowd) energy during Dave's set (and, as much as I love The Loved Ones, if one more person yelled out "Jane", I was going to start swinging). Like Shelby said, he was obviously happy to be home and people were singing along but, nonetheless, I found myself disappointed.

Having "Prague" in the middle of the set was a cool change...but I've never heard of the Hooters or the song "And We Danced" and would have been much happier hearing "Worry" again, in it's place. I also enjoyed hearing "Becoming Secular" but prefer "Bricks".

Since I feel I'm being really negative...let me end on a more positive note. I count myself as among the extremely lucky ones to have been able to see Dave with a full band backing him (twice!) and that brought the experience of hearing the songs live to a whole other level. After these two shows, "Autism Vaccine Blues" is now my absolute favorite song - just awesome to hear live with a band.

I think the highlight of my night has to have been the fact that, when I went to talk to Northcote at the merch table, and thank him for a great show and that I really have fallen in love with his music...he actually recognized me (I know that's very fanboy-ish for a grown man to be excited that another grown man recognized him, but so what  Very Happy )! He said something to the effect of "we've met on this tour before, haven't we?" and I went on to tell him that I was at the Newburgh and Brooklyn shows. I wished him future success and that I hoped the tour opened his music up to a new audience, etc...

Wait you heard them yell "Jane" a lot? All I heard was "PETE!" or "TRUE BELIEVERS!" the whole night and like, I love the bouncing souls too but it's so damn rude to shout for another bands song at a show. Even if their guitar player is there.

I was just proud of myself for recognizing "And We Danced". I'd have preferred Worry as well just because I know the song better but it was a cool change and fun to watch. Dave's been pretty decent about switching up the setlist so I appreciated changes like "Becoming Secular" instead of Bricks and "And We Danced" instead of "Worry". When you got to the same tour 4 (sorta 5) times any changes are welcome in my book.

Yeah seriously. So thrilled we got to see this full band show twice. And I feel spoiled that I got to go to 4 shows! (5 if you count philly last fall). I mean, acts Dave's size don't often do tours that are this big with this many shows in the NE region. If i could've afforded it I could've been at 2 or 3 more because there were so many that were less than 4 hours away from me. That's a lot of shows in one area!

Also it was cool to see Dave play someplace as large as World Cafe Live. Northcote commented that it was the size of a lot of the places Dave plays in Europe, I'd imagine it's smaller than some of those place too. Definitely the largest venue I've seen him headline in though.
Back to top Go down
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime08.04.14 19:31

Wait you heard them yell "Jane" a lot? All I heard was "PETE!" or "TRUE BELIEVERS!" the whole night and like, I love the bouncing souls too but it's so damn rude to shout for another bands song at a show. Even if their guitar player is there.

"Jane" or "play a loved ones song" (I was on the left side, right in front of Pete's microphone)...although there was a lot of "Pete" yelling as well. When Dave finally addressed people yelling for Pete and had the crowd do a collective "PETE", I screamed "SPIDER!", as loud as I possibly could...but the whole yelling for a Loved Ones song or a Bouncing Souls song or, of course, Trusty Chords is just so obnoxious, I would hate it if I was a performer as well.

I agree with you as far as changing up a setlist...I just like "Before" so much more than "Becoming Secular"...and the Hooters thing was cool, especially as excited as Dave was to be singing with him...but, I must confess, when I read the tweet about "pulling out all the stops" for Philly, I had myself convinced it was going to be a few Loved Ones songs with Dave Walsh or Mike Sneeringer or something like that...so it's probably just my own personal disappointment.
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18.04.14 7:13

Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime22.04.14 0:04

Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime22.04.14 8:52

Susan wrote:

There´s a new show announced in Philadelphia on July 17 at Morgan´s Pier!

Info: http://theswollenfox.com/just-announced-morgans-pier-dj-schedule/

Tickets: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/545243?wrKey=459C3E15DA049FE70A9231789216F7F7

Show's at 9 and ends at 2am, and it says nothing about anyone else playing. Not that I'd object but does Dave even have enough material to play for 5 hours?  Razz 

Clearly there's some info missing or I'm just missing it.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime06.05.14 11:20

East coast rankers, don´t miss this one:

Dave will support Brian Fallon´s side project Molly And The Zombies!

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 Molly10

RSVP for $3 tickets: http://www.ticketfly.com/event/571513-red-bull-sound-select-molly-brooklyn/
Back to top Go down
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime06.05.14 20:59

Susan wrote:

Argh! Why must all the shows I want to go to be on a Thursday! Don't they know I have to work on Thursday night? I did, however, take off for Dave's free show in Philly which I am very excited about.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime08.05.14 8:41

XNYCEMTP wrote:
Susan wrote:

Argh! Why must all the shows I want to go to be on a Thursday! Don't they know I have to work on Thursday night? I did, however, take off for Dave's free show in Philly which I am very excited about.

Call out sick! Haha. Seriously, I think I'd quit my job if necessary to be at this show (*quickly regresses into irresponsible teenager*). Molly And The Zombies are awesome, and any time both Dave and Brian are playing the same show I gotta be there. And Jared's actually pretty cool too. I've seen him twice recently and really enjoyed his sets.

Anyway, can't wait! Asked for the whole day off at work, so you better believe I'll be getting to the venue way too early. I love living in the city!
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime21.05.14 1:40

New date announced in Atlantic City, July 18th:

http://instagram.com/p/oO6MP7ox7-/

Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime20.07.14 23:54

Hey East Coast Rankers, don´t miss this show next week:

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 Brookl10

"Dave will play with a full band: Brendan Hill (The Curse, 'Resolutions') on drums, Michael "Spider" Cotterman (The Loved Ones, Kid Dynamite) on bass, Pete Steinkopf (@The Bouncing So...uls) on guitar, and Tim Hause on keys."

I´m so fucking jealous!!!  Have fun everybody over there!

Edit: And PLEASE post some videos!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime27.07.14 9:04

So the show the other night in Brooklyn was easily in my top 3 Dave shows ever. I don't think I've ever seen Dave that energized! I don't even know what to say about it, it was just fucking fantastic. It was one of those shows were you're like "I may be hearing the same 15ish songs I've heard nearly a dozen times already in the last year, but it's like I'm hearing them for the first time". And to think, I wasn't planning on going! So lucky that I happened to have the night off.

Oh and sorry I don't have videos. I'm lucky I have two pictures. I literally forgot my phone existed (which is a nice feeling).
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime28.07.14 22:58

Like I said... Dave´s full band shows are awesome! So much power and energie. Everyone who had attended those two shows in Germany last month was totally blown away.

I really hope he´ll manage to do a whole full band tour soon!!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime29.07.14 8:28

Susan wrote:

Like I said... Dave´s full band shows are awesome! So much power and energie. Everyone who had attended those two shows in Germany last month was totally blown away.

Oh you don't have to tell me! I've had the privilege of seeing him 3 times now with a full band. And I say privilege because the majority of the US at least, hasn't gotten that even once!

How many full band shows did he end up doing in Europe? Just those 2 so far? Also, I forget, who was in his band for those shows? I don't think he had the same crew as he's been using on the East Coast in the US (the west coast even had a different group I think).
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime29.07.14 9:27

Susan wrote:

Oh you don't have to tell me! I've had the privilege of seeing him 3 times now with a full band. And I say privilege because the majority of the US at least, hasn't gotten that even once!  

How many full band shows did he end up doing in Europe? Just those 2 so far? Also, I forget, who was in his band for those shows? I don't think he had the same crew as he's been using on the East Coast in the US (the west coast even had a different group I think).

Just two shows in Europe. He supported Chuck Ragan in Dresden and Wiesbaden and played his set with Chuck´s band and Northcote (who supported the whole Chuck Ragan tour):

Dave Hidalgo - drums
Northcote - guitar
Tim Hause - keys, guitar
Joe Ginsberg - bass
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime18.08.14 19:47

New date!

Nov 5 - Chicago with The Flatliners supporting Hot Water Music

https://www.google.com/calendar/render?eid=YWo1cmxrN3AxaTdkOWpwYmllNHZvM25qb2cgbW5saXZlZG90bmV0QG0&ctz=America/Chicago&sf=true&output=xml

EDIT:
full tour with HWM & Flatliners
all dates are on the first page in this thread
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime17.10.14 10:44

Anyone on here going to THE FEST in Gainesville?

Make sure you catch Ma Jolie, they´ll do a whole Loved Ones cover set!

Quote :
Dave Hause
Oh, Dave Hause, you spark plug, you! The only time I’ve seen this punk rock champ is when he stole the show at Chuck Ragan’s Revival Tour (Chuck is also on the Fest bill, by the way, so there’s another reason out of hundreds to get stoked). Hause is sure to steal the show at Fest as well, as he dips into his two stellar solo albums and material from his much-missed The Loved Ones. Rumours abound that he might just show up at the Philly band Ma Jolie’s cover set of The Loved Ones, which would be way beyond rad, and probably should definitely, maybe, probably, definitely happen. But, really, all kidding aside, it “should” happen.
Fest set time: Sunday, November 2, 4:30-5 pm @High Dive
Ma Jolie’s The Loved Ones cover set time (just in case): Saturday, November 1, 1:20-1:50 pm @ Loosey’s

http://www.riceandbreadmagazine.com/the-fest-must-sees-round-three-hot-water-music-paint-it-black-the-menzingers/

Ma Jolie on Facebook:

Quote :
Im sure many of you saw THE FEST in Gainesville released their schedule for this year. We are very excited to play Looseys again this year. Also if u look at the schedule you may notice our name twice. Yes, we will be performing some of our favorite songs by The Loved Ones on Saturday at Looseys as well. Check out the full schedule. We would love to see you at either of our sets.

https://www.facebook.com/MaJoliePhilly
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime22.10.14 20:10

In case you missed it: Dave will play with Brendan Kelly´s band The Falcon in Chicago this Saturday.

Info: http://www.badsandwichchronicles.net/2014/hi-im-home-come-hang-with-me-here-at-home/

Tickets: http://metrochicago.com/red-scare-10-25-14/
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime23.10.14 8:01

I just wanna say, Susan and Manuela, thank you for being so good about keeping this site updated on US/CAN stuff. I know you guys aren't generally over here and there's only a handful of us North American fans on this site so we don't always have much to contribute about the US events unless they happen to be in our area. So I appreciate that you put in the effort regardless and just wanted to say so, rather than just doing my usual "oh there's something new in the US/CAN thread? hmm, this isn't near me. *closes page*"

Back to top Go down
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime03.11.14 17:16

Susan wrote:
Anyone on here going to THE FEST in Gainesville?

Make sure you catch Ma Jolie, they´ll do a whole Loved Ones cover set!

Ma Jolie on Facebook:

Quote :
Im sure many of you saw THE FEST in Gainesville released their schedule for this year. We are very excited to play Looseys again this year. Also if u look at the schedule you may notice our name twice. Yes, we will be performing some of our favorite songs by The Loved Ones on Saturday at Looseys as well. Check out the full schedule. We would love to see you at either of our sets.

https://www.facebook.com/MaJoliePhilly

After scouring the internet for the past few days, I haven't been able to find anything about the Ma Jolie Loved Ones cover set. Has anyone seen anything about what songs they played or if there are any videos anywhere?
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime10.11.14 22:21

XNYCEMTP wrote:

After scouring the internet for the past few days, I haven't been able to find anything about the Ma Jolie Loved Ones cover set. Has anyone seen anything about what songs they played or if there are any videos anywhere?

Here´s a video:

I didn´t find a setlist. Some friends were there and they told me The Bridge and Jane were played, but they can´t remember more songs. I read a tweet that the line was so long that not all people managed to get in for this set. Seems like people really miss The Loved Ones....
Back to top Go down
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime12.11.14 15:53

Susan wrote:

I didn´t find a setlist. Some friends were there and they told me The Bridge and Jane were played, but they can´t remember more songs. I read a tweet that the line was so long that not all people managed to get in for this set. Seems like people really miss The Loved Ones....

I know I do... Smile

Thanks Susan, that's a pretty solid version of 100K. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime07.12.14 23:35

Rumours say there will be a Dave Hause show at The Court Tavern in New Brunswick, NJ on 20 December.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime09.12.14 20:23

And that is now confirmed. Dave, Jared Hart, and like 3 others. With the Three Fallon Crossroads shows the days before this, it's gonna take a miracle for me to get to this show as well :/
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime11.12.14 5:09

So he's billed as Dave Hause and the Hard Promises for this upcoming show. I'm wondering if this is significant or if the wonderful group of musicians he puts together for east coast shows has just decided to name themselves Smile Anyone have any other info on this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next