RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Q&A with Dave in Kerrang

Go down 
AuthorMessage
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

Q&A with Dave in Kerrang Empty
PostSubject: Q&A with Dave in Kerrang   Q&A with Dave in Kerrang I_icon_minitime10.06.14 15:30

Very interesting questions (and answers). Somehow I can picture Dave quite well as a firefighter.

And this part is so lovely: The strangest thing to me always, is to look out and see people singing all of these songs I make up out of my own dumb brain in moments of weakness. It’s an unbelievably strange thing, in the best possible way.

http://www.kerrang.com/18886/reading-leeds-quick-fire-qa-dave-hause/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

My early passions or influences were…
Dave Hause: As a 7 or 8 year old kid, I was quite taken with a local Philadelphia pop band called the Hooters who were really having their day in the sun. I had always loved my parent’s music, The Beatles, Elton John, The Police, Billy Joel and Springsteen, but The Hooters were the first band that I felt like I had discovered and could claim as my own. I progressively got more and more into music and into heavier and more aggressive music from Aerosmith to Iron Maiden to The Misfits and the Clash, culminating in my teens with hard core punk.

When I was younger I always dreamed of being…
DH: Either a fire fighter or a guitar player. One out of 2 ain’t bad, right? I have kicked around the idea of going to fire fighting school some summer between tours, but I just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

One of my favourite gigs to date is…
DH: The London show of the Devour tour this past fall was one of the most memorable UK shows to date. The Garage was sold out, I had been on tour for a few weeks so felt really comfortable and the crowd was really fired up and singing all the words. It’ll be hard to beat that one, but I’m pretty sure we can.

The person I would most like to meet (past or present) is…
DH: Martin Luther King.

At a party you will find me…
DH: Hopefully upright and having a few laughs..

One thing you must remember to pack for a festival is…
DH: Sunscreen.

The strangest thing to have happened at one of our/my live performances is…
DH: There’s always strange things involved in playing music for people, folks get so amped up over songs and singing and the rock and roll myth, so sometimes things get weird. The strangest thing to me always, is to look out and see people singing all of these songs I make up out of my own dumb brain in moments of weakness. It’s an unbelievably strange thing, in the best possible way.

This song never fails to get me dancing…
DH: Anything by Prince always gets the party started.

My party trick is?
DH: Knowing when to vanish, and without any goodbyes…

My best festival memory is…
DH: There are many, but definitely getting to play Reading/Leeds with The Loved Ones in 2008 was a great one. We hung out in the tents with some friends and got into all kinds of mischief, and I was able to sweet talk my way onto the stage to see Rage Against The Machine headline to a sea of people.

My tour bus essential is…
DH: Water. When I started touring I was a roadie for Sick Of It All, and Craig, their bass player pulled me aside the 2nd day and said “look kid, make sure you have water on hand on tour all the time, it’s the keystone of life. Without water, you’re a dead man. Always stuck with me…

The band/artist I can’t miss at Reading & Leeds will be…
DH: I have seen a lot of the bigger bands on the bill so I’m mostly curious about a few acts I’ve never seen. I’m curious to see what Brody Dalle’s show is like, as well as the Front Bottoms and Jake Bugg. The Hives are always a must see at festivals, they always put on a great show.

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down

Q&A with Dave in Kerrang
Page 1 of 1