RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
antje0508
First Cut
First Cut
antje0508

The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey... Empty
PostSubject: The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey...   The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey... I_icon_minitime25.02.16 17:21

When I saw the first date of the KYH10-tour in NYC pop up on my Twitter feed I jokingly asked Susan if we should start our California trip there... and she said YESS! Then Philly and Boston were added and we thought: 'Another east cost trip... why not?!' Well... then LA popped up but way ahead of those east cost dates! Excitement and a little craziness made me suggesting her to go there, too! One Show was added after another and an epic trip lined up on the horizon! Always close to the question: 'What are we doing?!' But as I told someone when asking 'You did all of them?' after the last show in Philly... 'If you get the chance to see 10 Loved Ones shows, you go!'

Still questioning ourselves we went to the first show at the Troubadour in LA... And what a show that was! Audience buzzing with excitement, band playing like there was no tomorrow! I enjoyed every second and every bruise that stage gave me! The secret show in Santa Barbara felt surreal... I never expected to visit this place like ever! But it's the most beautiful city I ever been to in the US! One can imagine why you move there... San Francisco was filled with Superbowl and Metallica fans but some of the folks there found their way to the Bottom of the Hill. No better place to be there that night! Best show of the California run! But now it was time to soak up the sun and enjoy the gorgeous way down the Highway 1 back to LA before we flew to freezing Minneapolis and temperature dropped from 32°C/89°F to -12°C/11°F...

We didn't let the cold freeze our good spirits and went to a venue that was only slightly warmer than the outside... The show was great except that one idiot that was trouble the whole night and caused a little cut... But that didn't matter much! It's punk rock after all! On to Chicago and 2 sold out shows in a row! Chicago 1 was the best show on that trip for me even after the east coast shows! The audience was perfect, the band tight and I simply enjoyed myself... After the first beer shower on that run and some more bruises on my legs (I had one in every stage height so far...) even I felt like 'Fuck it! It's punk rock!' The setlist changed a bit on the second night and Pretty Good Year was added. The vibe in the audience compared to the other night seemed a bit more aggressive but I still had fun dancing and singing back at that guy that managed to not spill his beer even in the craziest mosh pit... Washington was the smallest venue so far (maybe Santa Barbara was close...) and had the lowest stage. Everyone stepped on it and sang the songs right back at the band facing each other on the same level... I even spotted someone on the other side playing air guitar! After that show the highlight of the biggest headlining show to that date lined up on the horizon!

The east coast leg of the tour started in Boston. The venue had the highest stage on that tour and caused me new bruises and even a burn on my arms... My legs were finally safe! Yay! But it's safe to say that was my favorite show of the big 3! It was intense, you could feel the excitement humming for what's next: The shows in NYC and finally Philly! NYC was a crazy jump show! Even the band seemed surprised... I had to duck twice under a stage diver or I'd been kicked in the face and helped up people that fell down in the mosh pit... There were so many people on stage it almost started to look crowded! But that couldn't stop the band to put on a great show and burn the house down! Now on to Philly! I was surprised there was no barrier at least there were supposed to be 1200 people in that venue but okay I'm fine with lying on stage... I felt something great was about to happen as I saw the cameras on stage! This was going to be an epic one! Even after hearing the same songs the 10th time I could never get tired of seeing the band perform! The five pieces yet so different but in perfect harmony! Every show different, but good in its own way... I couldn't have wished for a better place to end the tour! Seeing Dave standing on the hands of the audience having his moment in his hometown!

I hope for new music but if that's supposed to be the end, I'm glad I've been there!
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey...   The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey... I_icon_minitime25.02.16 22:52

Well, sometimes I also asked myself "What the hell am I doing here?"

But then I thought "Fuck it! I´m just doing my favorite things; Travel the world and see the musicians I love."

Life is short. If you have the opportunity, do what makes you happy!

First Cut
First Cut
antje0508

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey...   The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey... I_icon_minitime25.02.16 23:34

Susan wrote:

Life is short. If you have the opportunity, do what makes you happy!

True words, my friend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey...   The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Loved Ones - KYH10 - A Journey...
Page 1 of 1