RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14

Go down 
+8
bobbyw24
Matkins
These Melodies
JayStone
binaural2002
HungryHeart
Minor Threat
enola
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13.10.13 4:12

Matkins wrote:
I think it was on the recent BBC interview where Dave was talking about the differences between traveling in Europe verses the US. People in the UK thought that driving 2 to 3 hours to a show was a long way.
Yeah I thought that was hilarious. I have to travel a minimum of 2 hours EVERY TIME I see a band. Unless they're huge like Springsteen and actually bother to come to Connecticut. My range is usually 2-4 hours but I've gone up to 6 a few times.
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13.10.13 10:50

Matkins wrote:
I think it was on the recent BBC interview where Dave was talking about the differences between traveling in Europe verses the US. People in the UK thought that driving 2 to 3 hours to a show was a long way.
I've heard that from a few artists already esp. about British fans. I think in Europe it depends which country you're coming from. Most bands tour the UK and Germany quite intensively but in other countries only do a date or two which means that fans have to travel to get to the gig. However the distances are much shorter than in the US.

I'm not complaining though - Dave plays 2 gigs in tiny Austria Very Happy

Matkins wrote:
Manuela- Could you please add me to the doodle for Atlanta in March? Hopefully I'll be going to more shows, but I won't know until next year. Thanks! Marla
Oh you can do that by yourself. Just type your name and add the dates you're going to. You can even change your entries later Smile

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13.10.13 18:49

enola wrote:
Matkins wrote:
I've heard that from a few artists already esp. about British fans. I think in Europe it depends which country you're coming from. Most bands tour the UK and Germany quite intensively but in other countries only do a date or two which means that fans have to travel to get to the gig. However the distances are much shorter than in the US.

Yes I've heard that too from a lot of artists.
I can't compare Europe to the states, since I've never been to a show in the states. But there are those concerts, where you can almost see the connection between the artist and the audience.
The most "intense" concerts so far: Chuck Ragan in cologne (august 22nd(I think)) and Dave in Hannover (April 30th).
The audience was there right from the start and both, Dave and Chuck, seemed to be kinda surprised from this reaction. It was amazing! Smile

As much as I sometimes dislike living in germany, concertwise it's amazing, especially when you're living next to one of the "music/artist city" like cologne Wink
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14.10.13 1:02

These Melodies wrote:
enola wrote:
Matkins wrote:

Yes I've heard that too from a lot of artists.
I can't compare Europe to the states, since I've never been to a show in the states. But there are those concerts, where you can almost see the connection between the artist and the audience.
The most "intense" concerts so far: Chuck Ragan in cologne (august 22nd(I think)) and Dave in Hannover (April 30th).
The audience was there right from the start and both, Dave and Chuck, seemed to be kinda surprised from this reaction. It was amazing! Smile

As much as I sometimes dislike living in germany, concertwise it's amazing, especially when you're living next to one of the "music/artist city" like cologne Wink
You definitely can get that connection in the states too. I think the biggest difference I've seen is that, it takes a lot longer to get a following in the states and we tend to end up more spread out which means it's more rare to get a crowd full of intense fans. That's what makes those Red Bull Sound Select shows so special! Because of how they're set up they attract only the most dedicated fans. I also think Europeans tend to be a bit more expressive and Americans are more reserved so maybe sometimes we just SEEM less into it. But that's a generalization. And it's so hit or miss. No two crowds are remotely the same.

Overall, I think Europe shows are about "The artist AND the fans having an experience" and the US is about "The artist is giving ME an experience"
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14.10.13 12:06

I hope you didn't get me wrong. I didn't want to say, that there is no connection between the artists and the audience in the states!
Those were just examples about the last experiences I've had.
Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14.10.13 17:47

Back to top Go down
bobbyw24
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14.10.13 17:47

Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29.10.13 17:59

CAN tourdates added Very Happy

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30.10.13 22:43

Wow!!! 55 Shows and barely a day off!! Especially in CAN!!
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30.10.13 23:15

Exactly my thoughts! I wonder how they make it through these tours alive ...

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30.10.13 23:29

That's a good question!!
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30.10.13 23:44

Do you remember this tweet a few months ago?

Quote :
@hausedave @ChuckRagan hey man, one day you'll grow up and get a real tour schedule... Wink
— Frank Turner (@frankturner) June 20, 2013
You´re absolutely right Mr. Turner. Wink

Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime12.11.13 9:39

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29.12.13 9:04

Dave plays live together with friends (Brian McGee amongst them) today at 3pm at Russo on Lake Ave in Asbury Park, NJ

https://twitter.com/hausedave/status/417104536034365442

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
Matkins
First Cut
First Cut
Matkins

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29.12.13 9:37

I saw Dave Friday and Saturday night in Asbury. He was having such a great time. He crowd surfed to the Bouncing Souls at their Home for the Holidays shows. He didn't sing with anyone, but was definitely singing along in the audience! He was running around like a kid. So cute. It was cool to see him after the show at Asbury Lanes. Unfortunately, I have to fly back tomorrow before the acoustic set. I didn't know about it when I booked my flight. I'm really disappointed to miss it!!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31.12.13 8:45

I'm still pissed I didn't notice him floating by. But I've seen a picture! Still looking for some photographic evidence of Brian's crowd-surfing adventure.
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13.01.14 6:49

EU/UK rankers, I love you, but we need to get some more US fan talk on this site! Let's get the conversation going guys, the tour is so close!

I'm gonna be at Newburgh, NY and Cambridge, MA and at the end of the tour in Brooklyn. Anyone else on here going to any of these shows? To other US dates?
Back to top Go down
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13.01.14 18:50

After seeing your post, I finally decided to stop just looking at the forum and actually join!

I'm Steve, I live in Albany, NY. I was introduced to The Loved Ones (and by extension Dave's solo work) by way of the Bouncing Souls. I'll be attending both the Newburgh and Brooklyn shows. I'm very excited to see a Dave headlining show! My only previous concert of his solo work was the "Free at Noon" show he did for WXPN in Philly before the record came out.

I'm a little surprised Dave's playing this little bar in Newburgh. I would of thought he'd be more likely to play "the Chance" or a similar venue in Poughkeepsie.

-Steve
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/smb601#
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13.01.14 21:30

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
EU/UK rankers, I love you, but we need to get some more US fan talk on this site! Let's get the conversation going guys, the tour is so close!

Thanks, and yes please keep us EU/UK rankers up to date about the tour over there!  Very Happy 

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15.01.14 8:48

XNYCEMTP wrote:
After seeing your post, I finally decided to stop just looking at the forum and actually join!

I'm Steve, I live in Albany, NY. I was introduced to The Loved Ones (and by extension Dave's solo work) by way of the Bouncing Souls. I'll be attending both the Newburgh and Brooklyn shows. I'm very excited to see a Dave headlining show! My only previous concert of his solo work was the "Free at Noon" show he did for WXPN in Philly before the record came out.

I'm a little surprised Dave's playing this little bar in Newburgh. I would of thought he'd be more likely to play "the Chance" or a similar venue in Poughkeepsie.

-Steve

Hi Steve! Glad I could motivate ya! I think that makes at least 3 of us Americans on here now Razz 

I know, it's hard to believe he'd be playing such tiny venues in the US after the size of some of those EU/UK shows. That should make it a pretty cool and intimate experience though. See you there!
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26.01.14 9:03

So the Cambridge show was one of the best shows I've been too, period. Usually there's amazing highs, and a few lows to every show. This could not have been more solidly great throughout, including my experience afterwards talking to Matt, Dave, and Tim.

I've been to this venue (the middle east) before but never upstairs. It was a nice little space with a capacity of just under 200 I believe. The first opener was a local front-woman of a band called Lucky United. She was very nice, and the music wasn't half bad. Then we had Northcote, who was awesome as usual and I was pleased to see that he got a great response from the crowd. I think it kinda surprised him a little, but he was humble as ever.

Now, I've seen Dave 8 times (I know that's a tiny number to some of you ;)But this was by far the best show of his I've been to. As I stated in the setlists, videos, etc. thread, he added to the setlist (a plus after last nights subtractions). The crowd was awesome and you could tell Dave was feeding off it. It had the intimacy of Newburgh but 100x more energy from the crowd.

Fun fact: His pedal board is always on his right, so he doesn't come to the edge of the stage on that side nearly as much. So naturally I stood to his left and he was in my face all night. I repeatedly had to lean back, or back up to avoid getting hit by his guitar. It. Was. Awesome. When I talked to him after the show I thanked him for not actually hitting me with the guitar. He laughed and acknowledged that it was pretty close a few times. He kept this up all night despite accidentally unplugging his guitar twice because the cable was in the way when he went to edge of the stage.

As if that wasn't close enough, he ended the night with c'mon kid, where at first he leaned so far over the edge that the crowd parted like the red sea right between me and my friend. He then jumped down into the crowd. I have some awful video of this, like it'll give you a headache (sorry, it was dark and he was half an inch away and I didn't fucking care honestly), but if you watch the first 15 seconds you get the idea. I saw other cameras out so maybe a good video will surface. This is why I don't take videos, haha.

Anyway, after the show I talked to Matt, he was very friendly and immediately gave my friend and I a hug. I then talked to Dave. I could tell by his reaction and something he said that he remembered me from the night before. This included him laughing. Not sure if that's a good thing? haha. But I appreciated it just the same. We talked about the show, and he pretty much convinced me to buy tickets for the Philly show too and even told me a good cheap way to get there, haha. So I guess I'm going to Philly? I also briefly talked to Tim. He was breaking down gear so I didn't want to bother him for long but I wanted to tell him that he's doing a nice job playing along with Dave. He was super nice.

I'm on such a high right now and so sad that I have to wait till April to see him play again. If anyone on this site (lurking or otherwise) is still waiting for their upcoming Devour shows, I highly recommend getting there early to see Northcote and definitely do not miss a chance to talk to these guys afterwards. Literally everyone. Scotty (the TM), Tim, Dave, Matt, seriously everyone. They're all awesome and very friendly.
Back to top Go down
mti1974
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
mti1974

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27.01.14 19:09

Great review! Thanks for sharing.
I do apologise for my ignorance, but who is Tim? And was Mitch Towsend there as well, like in Europe?

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
So the Cambridge show was one of the best shows I've been too, period. Usually there's amazing highs, and a few lows to every show. This could not have been more solidly great throughout, including my experience afterwards talking to Matt, Dave, and Tim.

I've been to this venue (the middle east) before but never upstairs. It was a nice little space with a capacity of just under 200 I believe. The first opener was a local front-woman of a band called Lucky United. She was very nice, and the music wasn't half bad. Then we had Northcote, who was awesome as usual and I was pleased to see that he got a great response from the crowd. I think it kinda surprised him a little, but he was humble as ever.

Now, I've seen Dave 8 times (I know that's a tiny number to some of you ;)But this was by far the best show of his I've been to. As I stated in the setlists, videos, etc. thread, he added to the setlist (a plus after last nights subtractions). The crowd was awesome and you could tell Dave was feeding off it. It had the intimacy of Newburgh but 100x more energy from the crowd.

Fun fact: His pedal board is always on his right, so he doesn't come to the edge of the stage on that side nearly as much. So naturally I stood to his left and he was in my face all night. I repeatedly had to lean back, or back up to avoid getting hit by his guitar. It. Was. Awesome. When I talked to him after the show I thanked him for not actually hitting me with the guitar. He laughed and acknowledged that it was pretty close a few times. He kept this up all night despite accidentally unplugging his guitar twice because the cable was in the way when he went to edge of the stage.

As if that wasn't close enough, he ended the night with c'mon kid, where at first he leaned so far over the edge that the crowd parted like the red sea right between me and my friend. He then jumped down into the crowd. I have some awful video of this, like it'll give you a headache (sorry, it was dark and he was half an inch away and I didn't fucking care honestly), but if you watch the first 15 seconds you get the idea. I saw other cameras out so maybe a good video will surface. This is why I don't take videos, haha.

Anyway, after the show I talked to Matt, he was very friendly and immediately gave my friend and I a hug. I then talked to Dave. I could tell by his reaction and something he said that he remembered me from the night before. This included him laughing. Not sure if that's a good thing? haha. But I appreciated it just the same. We talked about the show, and he pretty much convinced me to buy tickets for the Philly show too and even told me a good cheap way to get there, haha. So I guess I'm going to Philly? I also briefly talked to Tim. He was breaking down gear so I didn't want to bother him for long but I wanted to tell him that he's doing a nice job playing along with Dave. He was super nice.

I'm on such a high right now and so sad that I have to wait till April to see him play again. If anyone on this site (lurking or otherwise) is still waiting for their upcoming Devour shows, I highly recommend getting there early to see Northcote and definitely do not miss a chance to talk to these guys afterwards. Literally everyone. Scotty (the TM), Tim, Dave, Matt, seriously everyone. They're all awesome and very friendly.
Back to top Go down
http://mariatillema.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/dave-hause-strikes-
XNYCEMTP
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27.01.14 19:35

mti1974 wrote:
I do apologise for my ignorance, but who is Tim? And was Mitch Towsend there as well, like in Europe?

Hi!

Tim is Dave's younger brother (@timBILLhause on Twitter) and Dave said he's going to have him on "this leg" of the tour. I'm not sure exactly how many shows that entails but he's basically doing what Mitch was doing in Europe (2nd guitar, keyboard, etc). It's very cool to see. I assume Mitch will join him when Tim heads home.

-Steve
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/smb601#
mti1974
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
mti1974

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27.01.14 19:39

XNYCEMTP wrote:
mti1974 wrote:

Hi!

Tim is Dave's younger brother (@timBILLhause on Twitter) and Dave said he's going to have him on "this leg" of the tour. I'm not sure exactly how many shows that entails but he's basically doing what Mitch was doing in Europe (2nd guitar, keyboard, etc). It's very cool to see. I assume Mitch will join him when Tim heads home.

-Steve

Ah, thanks for explaining. The Hause Family Laughing 
Back to top Go down
http://mariatillema.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/dave-hause-strikes-
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27.01.14 22:57

Who is the headliner in Canada? However, nice read:  

"Northcote, Dave Hause Sharing Tour Space"
http://www.cbc.ca/nb/mt/east-coast-music/2014/01/northcote-dave-hause-sharing-tour-space.html

PostSubject: Re: Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14   Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devour - US/CAN tour 2013/14
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next