RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release

Go down 
+4
StitchesOnTheRadio
XNYCEMTP
Viking1986
enola
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release Empty
PostSubject: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime10.03.15 23:03

There´s a special release listed for this year´s Record Store Day:

Dave Hause

Home Alone

DETAILS
Format: 7" Colored Vinyl
Label: RISE RECORDS
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

Two new songs and 2 demo versions of songs off of "Devour" (his previous full length). Tri-colored vinyl.

TRACKLIST:

Side A: 1.Home Alone   2.We Could Be Kings (Acoustic Demo)
Side B: 1.Kinda Homeless   2.Autism Vaccine Blues (Acoustic Demo)

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialRelease/7755

Thanks to Marla for sharing this in our Facebook group.

Looks like the 7" will only be available in the US. It would be highly appreciated, if our US Rankers could pick up some copies for us Europeans. I´d love to take one!

Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime10.03.15 23:20

Kinda Homeless could probably be this one:

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
JerseyChris

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime11.03.15 8:42

Unfortunately it seems that it is not listed anywhere in europe. Asked some friends from the US to pick one up for me. Hope at least one of them gets lucky
Back to top Go down
JerseyChris
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
JerseyChris

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime11.03.15 21:11

Cover art

Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release Img_2011
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime12.03.15 7:31

So it seems that Banquet records will try to list this also. If they do, I could try and get a few.

Also when is record store day again?

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
JerseyChris
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
JerseyChris

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime12.03.15 7:43

April 18th. Are they in austria?  I think these special Editions are only Sold in stores,  not online.

P.S. Just checked. They Start selling online April 25.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime12.03.15 22:38

enola wrote:
So it seems that Banquet records will try to list this also. If they do, I could try and get a few.

Also when is record store day again?

I would take one! Very Happy

It´s annoying, that Rise Records won´t release it in Europe. Dave has a big fanbase here, so I don´t get it...
At least it will also be released digitally.

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime19.04.15 20:50

Any feedback on the release? I've been dying to hear it !
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176793852512277/
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime19.04.15 21:29

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime19.04.15 21:52

Thank you Susan ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/176793852512277/
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime29.04.15 22:13

My copy arrived today from New York. Very Happy  Thanks again to Steve!!!

I love the power of Home Alone! This song sounds like the personal history of "Nü Sing", which would have been perfectly fit in here. But Kinda Homeless is awesome, too.

The EP was allready recorded in August 2013. I guess "Nü Sing" wasn´t ready at that time.

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
XNYCEMTP

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime30.04.15 18:09

Susan wrote:

I love the power of Home Alone! This song sounds like the personal history of "Nü Sing", which would have been perfectly fit in here. But Kinda Homeless is awesome, too.

The EP was allready recorded in August 2013. I guess "Nü Sing" wasn´t ready at that time.

That was quick! Glad you got it and glad you liked it!

Did you have any problems using the download card? When I tried to go to the site, I got a message that the "artist has not uploaded any material yet".
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/smb601#
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime02.05.15 3:43

XNYCEMTP wrote:
Susan wrote:

That was quick! Glad you got it and glad you liked it!

Did you have any problems using the download card? When I tried to go to the site, I got a message that the "artist has not uploaded any material yet".

I read about problems before on Twitter/Instagram. Seems like Rise Records fucked it up so far.

I didn't try as yet. Too many festivals these days...

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime02.05.15 7:38

I remember hearing something about this eventually being available digitally? Is there any info on that? I didn't get a chance to grab a copy on record store day unfortunately but I'm okay with just buying mp3s.
Back to top Go down
JerseyChris
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
JerseyChris

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime08.05.15 17:12

Great Review of the RSD EP

http://speakimge.com/ep-review-dave-hause-home-alone/

If there was one artist out there who deserves to be more known than he is it is Dave Hause. The man is a brilliant singer and song writer, which he has proved through his live shows, his first two solo albums, his meaningful songs and of course his time with The Loved Ones.
On Record Store Day, Hause further displayed his talent when he released a special EP called Home Alone, featuring two unreleased songs and two acoustic versions of songs that appeared on his last full length Devour.
When I got home on Record Store Day, the first thing I popped on was the Hause EP and my ears could not be more grateful. As the record began spin and the opening track “Home Alone” began to play, I heard one of the catchiest and best guitar riffs I have ever heard.
The riff repeats throughout the song as a steady drum beat pounds away in the background as Dave sings “Home, I need place right now that I can call my own….home, I built it all to burn it down to find there’s worse fate’s than being alone, you can turn your heavy heart to stone at home.”
An acoustic version of “We Could Be Kings” closes out Side A of Home Alone. Hause had been known to not only bring it with electric guitar and a full band, but the man is pure magic when it’s just him and an acoustic guitar. If this song isn’t enough proof for you, YouTube his work on the Revival tour.
“We Could Be Kings” was the lead single off Devour and it’s a fun song with an equally fun music video. However, the acoustic version seems to get right down to the bone of what the song is about and you can feel every word as he sings about how we all could be kings, but we’re damned from the start.
Side B kicks off with “Kinda Homeless,” where Hause sings about deleting the cocaine dealer from his phone and moving on from his divorce. More of his acoustic magic is on display here with a touch of electric guitar, as it sort of leads into a new chapter for Hause which is past the divorce he dealt with on Devour.
The EP comes to a close with an acoustic version of “Autism Vaccine Blues,” one of the catchiest songs off Devour. It’s a really fun song to sing-a-long to and is even more passionate when stripped down. You’ll still find yourself belting out “Bless me father I have sinned, have you seen the shape I’m in?” along with Hause.
As Hause says, the future is unwritten. But if the next LP is anything like the Home Alone, I think both Hause and his fans will be satisfied about what will be written.
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime12.05.15 14:22

For those who didn´t get their EP via Amazon, it´s available now at Banquet Records (UK):

http://www.banquetrecords.com/RSd15HAUSE

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
mti1974

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime12.05.15 17:48

I read on the R&R Facebook page that the EP contained a link to the downloads, and then someone mentioned it might not work, because the record company made a mistake. Does anybody know anything about this?

I don't have a turntable, but it looks so nice, I'd love to have it. But having a Dave Hause record and not being able to listen to the music is too hard for me Wink I'm fine with paying for the vinyl and getting the music through a download though!
Back to top Go down
http://mariatillema.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/dave-hause-strikes-
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime12.05.15 23:59

mti1974 wrote:
I read on the R&R Facebook page that the EP contained a link to the downloads, and then someone mentioned it might not work, because the record company made a mistake. Does anybody know anything about this?

I don't have a turntable, but it looks so nice, I'd love to have it. But having a Dave Hause record and not being able to listen to the music is too hard for me  Wink I'm fine with paying for the vinyl and getting the music through a download though!

I finally used my download code. It worked, listening to Home Alone digital right now. Very Happy

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
mti1974

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime14.05.15 11:35

Susan wrote:
mti1974 wrote:

I don't have a turntable, but it looks so nice, I'd love to have it. But having a Dave Hause record and not being able to listen to the music is too hard for me  Wink I'm fine with paying for the vinyl and getting the music through a download though!

I finally used my download code. It worked, listening to Home Alone digital right now. Very Happy
Thanks, Susan. Good to know Smile
Back to top Go down
http://mariatillema.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/dave-hause-strikes-
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime17.05.15 16:40

I still can't stop listening to Home Alone!!!! It's soooo good!!!
"Nü sing" would have been amazing asweill. But liek Susan said, it probably wasn't ready by that time! Smile

I just love listening to new songs!!! When's the release of the new album??? Wink
Back to top Go down
JerseyChris
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
JerseyChris

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime17.05.15 17:35

If he just would find the time to record it lol. He is on the road until end of August.
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime17.05.15 18:01

I know! And I'm still hoping he will add another tour in Europe aswell! ;-)
Back to top Go down
JerseyChris
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
JerseyChris

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime17.05.15 18:38

Same here Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime01.06.15 1:05

After hearing side A on repeat mode for the last four weeks, I finally switched to side B.

Usually I don´t like overdubs very much, cause I don´t like recordings that could not be realized live. But these Dave Hause vocals overdubs gets me everytime. Hearing his deep and high voice at the same time feels like an emotional overkill!

In case you don´t know what I´m talking about (wouldn´t be surprised at all... Wink ), it´s when he sings "just to get my ring off" ...."each confessional letter that I write."

Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime23.11.15 17:35

Home Alone is on Spotify now and the vinyl is available at Rise Records: http://riserecords.merchnow.com/products/217925/home-alone-tri-color-brownorangecream-7

Info via The Key: http://thekey.xpn.org/2015/11/22/dave-hause/

PostSubject: Re: Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release   Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Alone - Record Store Day 2015 release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next