RankersAndRotters.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unofficial fan forum for Dave Hause

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues

Go down 
+3
Susan
binaural2002
enola
7 posters
AuthorMessage
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues Empty
PostSubject: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 6:45

From twitter:

@hausedave: Hey guys. Wanna hear another song off the new record tomorrow?

https://twitter.com/hausedave/status/382642530644291585

What kind of question is that? Must be a rhetorical one, right?
So my answer is yes yes yes! And it's already tomorrow here Wink

Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Last edited by enola on 25.09.13 18:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
binaural2002

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 8:27

So, let's listen to this new song ... i'm waiting for it ...
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 11:42

binaural2002 wrote:
I don't think he's up yet Wink

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
binaural2002

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 12:24

enola wrote:
binaural2002 wrote:
I don't think he's up yet Wink
I think the same ... unfortunately ... Wink
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 17:21

It´s online! Very Happy 

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/culture/dave-hause-autism-vaccine-blues

Autism Vaccine Blues! And it´s fucking awesome!

Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 18:06

I just love it!!! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 18:08

Love it! Great version <3

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
StitchesOnTheRadio
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 18:29

I never caught that line before "the car won't charge, the phone's out of gas" I like the that he switched em, haha. I double checked it with the live version and it's definitely intentional.

Also, I don't know how many of you read the article too but I found this bit about the title to be interesting and I'm glad he doesn't think vaccines cause autism:

"The title itself is something I've had for a while. Between thinking of the title and writing the song, the myth was basically debunked that autism developed from vaccinations given to children. I wanted to still use the title and wanted to examine the irony that in the future we may end up with a vaccine that cures autism. It got me wondering whether the people who had been stricken with the disorder, upon being cured, would prefer to go back to their former state after being awakened and subjected to all of the complications and stress of life in America. The song is written from the perspective of someone who has been recently cured of autism and isn't so sure they are ready and willing to cope with all that we have to offer here in modern society. I'm not so sure I am either. "

Back to top Go down
enola
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 20:23

Vampire Squid is a Matt Taibbi reference according to this https://twitter.com/hausedave/status/382929094016372736

Can anyone explain please?

And Dave's song explanation is extremely interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that when I first heard the song live....

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 21:18

enola wrote:
Vampire Squid is a Matt Taibbi reference according to this https://twitter.com/hausedave/status/382929094016372736

Can anyone explain please?

And Dave's song explanation is extremely interesting. I wouldn't have thought of that when I first heard the song live....
I think it´s a metaphor for the all the bloodsuckers and locusts (Blutsauger und Heuschrecken) in our society. 

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-great-american-bubble-machine-20100405

Should we rename our administrator status? Wink

Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
enola

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 22:04

Susan wrote:
Should we rename our administrator status? Wink
Maybe we should Wink

Soren Kierkegaard
Back to top Go down
binaural2002
Fighting Back
Fighting Back
binaural2002

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime25.09.13 22:27

I just can say that's another great song of Dave Hause. Really looking forward to listen to the whole album.
Back to top Go down
sell73out
First Cut
First Cut
sell73out

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime26.09.13 1:28

I really liked this one live anyway, but I'm especially liking the full band version. There's a few lovely bits with the guitars that sound really subtle but add loads Smile
Back to top Go down
Susan
Vampire Squid
Vampire Squid
Susan

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime27.09.13 0:29

I like both, the live and the studio version. It´s interesting how different they are. AVB live sounds bitter and angry, what fits to the lyrics very well. If you don´t listen to the words, the studio version sounds easy and cheerful. I can´t really explain it (especially not in English), but for me the live version comes closer to what the song is about.

Fighting Back
Fighting Back
StitchesOnTheRadio

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime27.09.13 5:29

Susan wrote:
I like both, the live and the studio version. It´s interesting how different they are. AVB live sounds bitter and angry, what fits to the lyrics very well. If you don´t listen to the words, the studio version sounds easy and cheerful. I can´t really explain it (especially not in English), but for me the live version comes closer to what the song is about.
I get what you mean. I actually had to listen a second time to the studio version to see if he did infact say the "better off dead" line. It stands out as SO powerful in the live version, but blends in a bit more in the recording. Idk why. But yeah both are still awesome.
Back to top Go down
These Melodies
Fighting Back
Fighting Back

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime27.09.13 19:28

I especially love the part right before "better off dead"!
I couldn't decide which version is better (live or full band), both are awesome Smile

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
I never caught that line before "the car won't charge, the phone's out of gas" I like the that he switched em, haha. I double checked it with the live version and it's definitely intentional.
I too never caught that line before! I like that aswell!! The first time I've listened to the full band version, I had to rewind to make sure he really did sing it that way Smile
Back to top Go down
Sami
First Cut
First Cut

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime30.09.13 16:16

StitchesOnTheRadio wrote:
Yeah great line. Makes me think of a line from Left Of The Dial by The Replacements which goes like "Pretty girl keep growing up, playing makeup, wearing guitar"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues   New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New song today - Autism Vaccine Blues
Page 1 of 1